Happy Father’s Day Weekend

Finland celebrates Father’s Day on November 13th this year. Mother’s Day was held May 14th. Happy Father’s Day to all my Finnish colleagues who are dads.

This past week has been overcast with off an on rain. I’ve had multiple lectures in the toxicologic pathology course here at UEF. I’ve enjoyed the interactions with the UEF students. At least 60% of the students in the class are Finnish. I’ve also been busy preparing for my continuing education course that will be held next week Friday and Saturday. The pressure is on.

This morning started off with rain but it cleared up around 1000. I decided to try my luck once again at the Neulamäki Nature Preserve. It was a nice long walk and I encountered quite a few people who were also enjoying the park including hikers, bikers, families, and dog walkers.

The weather cleared up quite a bit during my walk and at times it became sunny with blue skies.That has been a rare sight so far these past two weeks. Although I was ‘skunked’ again with no wild animal photos I did enjoy the scenery the preserve has to offer. As I mentioned last week the main feature is a small hill and there are also several small lakes in the preserve as well.

The sun is pretty low in the sky all day. The following photo was taken at noon today using a very short exposure time to just illustrate how high the sun is at midday.

I also enjoy seeing the birch tree forest – it reminds me of the upper midwest.

I’m heading back to work – I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.